Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Twitter. Tweet. Squawk!

Twitter. I have tried it now for about two months. I have to admit that I just don't get it.

Anyone who uses Twitter is supposed to answer the question, "What are you doing now?" Lately, I have received tweets on my phone that read, "packing for the big apple--can someone show me how i fit 30 outfits into 1 suitcase?" and "Jake Ryan is fabu-loso" or "gluttonous dinner about to ensue....look out paesano's" and "last night out in SA as a geology undergrad"...and one of my favorites, "Robby from the Bachelorette made me 2 weak vodka sodas last night. jealous?" Oh to be in my twenties again!

Compare those to the tweets of friends who are closer to my age, "What a great day!" and "Trying to stay cool" or "Great! Yet another way to humiliate our kids." We sound like we're grateful that we got up this morning!

Just today I received a request to follow me on Twitter from my daughter's friend. Oh, how thrilling for you, Kaki! I know you'll be so excited to know when I am loading the dishwasher, folding laundry, or brushing my teeth because I will never tweet you when I am dancing at a bar, or watching some guy try to pick up my friend Margaret, at Sharkey's, or singing karaoke or any of the other things you all think we moms shouldn't be doing. After all, I have a reputation to uphold!

I think there should be a special Twitter for those of us over 40. They could call it "SQUAWK!"


Check out Kaki's website: http://web.mac.com/kakidesigns/KAKIdesigns_/JEWELRY_COLLECTION.html

No comments:

Post a Comment