Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Better Manners

Girl night tonight! There is nothing more fun than sitting around with fun friends sharing funny stories. One of my favorites was from two years ago, when my husband and I went to a very large and very formal party. At around 3:00 a.m. we left the dance floor to sit down for a few minutes. My feet were KILLING me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a man circle around our table to ask my husband a question. He looked to be in his sixties or seventies and I had watched him dance the entire evening with girls that were in their twenties. EWW! Suddenly, I heard my husband say, "Well you sure can!" The next thing I know this man has me by the hand and we are headed to the dance floor. As we passed tables, people said things like, "Oh, look who he's got now!" and "Oh, you're in for a treat!"

We were halfway through a dance when he said, "You are a really good dancer. I wish I had found you years ago. You know, I don't usually ask heavy women to dance because I can't turn them, but I'm having no trouble turning YOU at all." (Read that last sentence slowly.)

It's not that what he said wasn't true but seriously, most people just don't say it!

The same friend who had us over tonight often says, "I believe that almost every conflict could be resolved with better manners." How true!

No comments:

Post a Comment