Tuesday, August 11, 2009

At Least It's Not Runny!


I HAD to share this! Look closely at the mango salad I was asked to make for today's birthday celebration. We decided that one end was for those on a diet and everyone else could eat off the other end.
Two of my friends at lunch today were at our Supper Club, about 16 years ago, when I was asked to make a cranberry congealed salad that never congealed. When I discovered it, it was too late to do anything about it. I took it to the hosts' house and as a joke, replaced the salad plates with bowls and placed a straw at each place setting. They have never forgotten that. When I displayed my mango salad today, they both started laughing. I seriously don't think I've been asked to make a congealed salad since that night and look at how this one turned out. (Today's hostess quickly tried to help by adding a dollop of mayonnaise and a raspberry on each slice.)
The mango salad DID taste good, though, so for the recipe, please go to my other blog: http://www.supperclublunchbunch.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment