Sunday, August 9, 2009

You've Still Got It!


If you have ever been to Port Aransas, Texas then undoubtedly you've been to, or at least heard of, Sharkey's. Sharkey's, on the highway into town, holds quite a surprise for its guests. From the road, it looks like a shack-like hamburger joint. In reality, after you go down some stairs, there is a huge room with a large dance floor and several bar areas. A DJ plays the latest hip-hop.

July 4th weekend, a group of us ventured out to Sharkey's. This was the first time we had been in a bar in years. We had so much fun dancing. I am a huge hip-hop fan so I was in my element. We left the dance floor when our friend's phone rang and he stepped outside to talk to his son. As he left, my husband saw a man out of the corner of his eye, approaching our friend's wife. My husband stepped back toward her to offer some protection. The man walked up and said, "Your woman wants to dance. She's moving to the music." At this point my husband wickedly decided to have a little fun with this situation and said, "Oh, that's not my woman, this one is. She's yours!" (pointing to my friend) The man proceeds to tell her that he is from Oklahoma, that he's put two sons through Texas A & M, and that one son is working for a construction company in San Antonio. Ironically, the guy has the same last name I do! He assures me that we are no relation. It's obvious that our friend is very uncomfortable. As she is trying to STOMP on my husband's foot for not bailing her out, the guy leans closer to her and says, "You smell sooo good. I'm ready to sew some wild oats tonight!"

With that, she tells the guy that I will dance with him. I decided it was time to go find her husband.

I walked outside and he was casually sitting, chit-chatting with his son and I said, "You'd better come back inside. Your wife is getting picked up by some guy!"

Our friend told his son, "I need to go, Mom is getting picked up by some guy." His son was rolling with laughter. When he and I walked down the stairs, the guy looked like a deer in headlights and hauled it to the other side of the room.

All I can say is..........YOU'VE STILL GOT IT, MY FRIEND!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment